Running and Triathlon Coach

With the mindset of wellbeing, inside and outside. Health, nutrition and awareness are the pillars of this blog.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ex-cop, jobless from more than a year, Robs Bank to Get Health Care in Federal Prison

Ex-cop Robs Bank to Get Health Care in Federal Prison

JIM MUSTIAN
Ledger-Enquirer
February 25, 2012

Former Columbus police officer Edward Pascucci had been jobless for more than a year and was facing homelessness last summer when he decided to rob a local bank. Making off with stacks of cash, however, never was his intention.

Pascucci told a federal judge on Thursday he'd run out of options, was facing "severe health problems" and opted to avail himself of the services offered by the federal penal system rather than live on the street.

"I didn't want to be homeless," said Pascucci, addressing U.S. District Judge Clay D. Land in a clear and confident voice. "I should not have manipulated the justice system, but I couldn't think of any other way to get help."

Read more

1 comment:

  1. can you blame him? I can totally understand his
    situation. I am faced with losing my job for medical reasons, cannot get disability because
    the doctors tell me they can not trace the illness to their respective fields (they don't
    know what is wrong). Am too young for other
    benefits and I still have serious health issues.

    What is left?

    ReplyDelete